Re: [pygame] converting byte image for display

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 00:59 +0200, veto voima wrote:
> I've just started learning and understanding pygame. This my first
> post to the list.
>
> I'm stuck in optimizing a display loop for 8bit image buffers.

You shouldn't have to worry about display depths for things to get
working. Pygame (SDL really) will convert to and from 8bit palette
Surfaces as needed.

You can also use the Surface.convert() method do convert one Surface to
match any other Surface. Including 8bit palette conversions.