Re: [pygame] PyWeek Python Game Programming Challenge, The Second!

Might ask Bespin.org.

On 1/9/06, Richard Jones <richardjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
PyWeek2 is coming up. I've scheduled it for the last week of March. The exact
dates are 00:00UTC Sunday 26th March to 00:00UTC Sunday 2nd April.

I AM LOOKING FOR HOSTING!

If you are in a position to offer hosting for PyWeek, I'd greatly appreciate
it. The challenge would benefit from an FTP upload facility, and my current
web hosts can't provide that. Also, I'm pushing the boundaries of my web
hosting a little too. Please let me know if you can offer:

1. Python-friendly web environment (for the challenge website), or
2. FTP upload facility for competitors (anon FTP is fine - we just need a
   drop-box).

The PyWeek competition:

- Invites all Python programmers to write a game in one week from scratch
  either as an individual or in a team,
- Is intended to be challenging and fun,
- Will hopefully increase the public body of python game tools, code and
  expertise,
- Will let a lot of people actually finish a game, and
- May inspire new projects (with ready made teams!)

Entries must be developed during the competition, and must incorporate some
theme decided at the start of the competition. The updated rules for the
challenge are at:

  http://www.mechanicalcat.net/tech/PyWeek/2/rules.html

With the only change from the PyWeek1 rules being a new method of selecting
the challenge theme.

    Richard