Re: [pygame] Newbie needs help, what's the most efficient (or easiest) way to do this?

On 1/4/07, Brandon N <kordova@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would be more concerned with ease of programming
than efficiency, as this is a pretty straightforward and non-
demanding application.

Are shoot-em-up games demanding? because I'm going to (much later) add a shoot-em-up portion... that's not really important right now, first things first!

You will also have to store the index of
the current string, and replace all references of self.text with it,
as in self.text[self.current_string]. Now, when the user completes a
string, you can increment self.current_string and reset self.pos and
the next string will be presented.
I'm currently in the __init__ part of my code... erm, the code that
someone helped me write....
so what do I do with the line self.text = text? I think I have to just
leave that as is...
self.current_string has to equal something too. Unless, I've been
looking at this all wrong...
My other guess was that I have to change self.text = text to
self.text[self.current_string] = text, but that doesn't look quite
right to me.

I hope that this is helpful for you.

Very much so.

Cheers,