Re: [pygame] PATCH: Make PyGame use new NumPy

Travis Oliphant wrote:

This patch was created as a difference with r983 in SVN. The changes are straightforward and discussed here:

http://www.scipy.org/Porting_to_NumPy

under the PyGame header.

I tested the results on my Ubuntu system and the arraydemo and sound demo programs seemed to work fine.

It would be great if this patch could be incorporated as soon as possible so that PyGame is using the currently supported Numerical package for Python.

Best regards,

-Travis Oliphant

Did you confirm that pygame.surfarray.pixels_alpha() returns a writable array? This was one problem I had when I tried writing a numpy patch a few weeks back. The other was that the "striped" and "scaleup" parts of arraydemo.py came out all black. I take it these work with this patch.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>