Re: [pygame] CD Audio

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 02:01:02PM +0100, Bo Jangeborg wrote:
> Doesn't the CD-Audio usually have its own direct connection to the sound
> card. Usually a separate cord
> that comes with the card or cd-player? You may want to check if yours is
> connected.
>
> Bo)

The CD audio can play through the sound card via that cable you mention,
but its volume level is controlled by a separate mixer which is
defaulted to "Mute" surprisingly often :(

Also, the identity of that mixer can sometimes be unclear. I have
encountered sound-cards that allow the CD's cable to be connected to any
one of several inputs, each with a different mixer, which may or may not
be labelled as "CD Audio" or "AUX" or "Line In 2", etc.

---
James