Re: [pygame] Ideas about storing questions/answers for a boardGame.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 07:15:05PM -0500, Ethan Glasser-Camp wrote:
> marta sanz wrote:
> >This game is aimed to be used by my sister's school teacher in her class
> >of 10 years old kids. I said this because, despite the fact that I will
> >give this game with some questions so they can play from the moment I
> >give it to them, I would like the teacher to make her own question bank
> >once the kids have learned the questions I give at the beginning, but
> >have no idea of how can i do a simple bank and how can I access it from
> >the pygame code.
>
> Hi,
>
> Someone else suggested XML, but personally that seems too heavyweight
> for a teacher (with possibly no computing experience) to edit. Here is
> what I would do:

There is absolutely no reason the teacher has to edit the file maually.

Make an "Edit Questions" mode, or a separate question_editor.py program
that operates on the same data files. Provide one box where the teacher
types the question, and a second box where the teacher types the answer.
Then save the Q/A data in whatever format you decide on (XML, or text,
or other)

---
James Paige