Re: [pygame] CD Audio

You might look into gstreamer python bindings if they exist. That's the first place I'd look, although I don't know if that would be portable to windows.

--Mike

Josh Smith wrote:
Does anyone know of a workaround for piping the sound to the sound card? On Windows and even Linux with VLC/Totem the music works fine, but not if I'm trying to play CD audio through Pygame. I could probably fix it out on the hardware level as suggested, but I can't really expect my users to play around with the internals just to get their program working.

As a last resort I could just default to only reading mp3's/oggs/etc and just include a ripping utility with the program but I'd prefer them to just be able to pop in a CD and play. Thanks for the help thusfar.

-Josh