Re: [pygame] controll supercollider sound engine from python

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:07:30 +0100, altern <altern2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I thought this might be of interest to some of you who need powerful
> sound engines.

This reminds me of "PyFlite," a Python version of the Festival speech
synthesis system developed at Carnegie-Mellon. PyFlite allows for some
remarkably simple speech output, although as Douglas Adams put it, speech
synth still tends to sound like "concussed Norwegians."

I haven't played much with PyFlite. Has anyone tinkered with it enough to
figure out how to do different voices? (It seems to require recompilation
of Festival's C++ source.) Wouldn't do me too much good if my characters
could talk but all sounded the same.