Re: [pygame] Animated Gifs again :)

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:52:55 +0100 (CET), 110110010 <Josef.Horn@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hello. I have written this piece of code after some people here told me I
> have to use the PIL library to make animated GIFs animate:
> But it doesn't return image how I want, but it returns a strange-colored
> surface. Can somebody help or improve my code?
> Thank you very much ;)

I'm not sure why you want to use animated GIFs for your animation, since
that format is mostly for tacky Web pages. Aren't you limited to a single
animation and speed by using it?

It would probably be better to store your animations in the form of several
frames in one image, laid out in one or two dimensions, and just blit a
segment of the image each frame. I think my old code in
<http://kschnee.xepher.net/code/070530ShiningSeaSource.zip>, in the "nixie"
module, does that.