Re: [pygame] BUG: pygame.image.save and tiff files.

James Paige wrote:
On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 08:47:11PM -0800, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
Yes, I will try adding tiff support. The tiff format has many options, so I will have to decide which ones to use.

I am curious about this too. Why tiff? Tiff made sense many years ago, before PNG became ubiquitous, but I don't understand why tiff would be a preferred format for any particular application now.

---
James Paige
I don't really need it. I was originally seeing what pygame.image.save would do with the .tif ending, especially if it didn't recognize it. So if there is no demand for tiff I won't bother. Admittedly it only makes sense if one were using some unusual format, like 16 bits per sample. But Pygame can't handle that.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>