Re: [pygame] GMArcade.com ~ The Friendly Game Host & Community

Quoting James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 05:55:01PM -0600, Matt Kremer wrote:
Quoting Aaron Maupin <maupin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I wouldn't want to be the person responsible when a game destroys
>someone's C: directory or even just installs a "screensaver" utility.
>Advertising "Play Game Online" gives users a false sense of security.
>Many kids, for example, are not allowed to download games; their
>parents restrict them to browser based games.  You definitely need some
>sort of obvious notice that executables are running outside of a
>sandbox and can do absolutely anything they like to a user's system.

In browser games can do the same thing.

Flash sure can't, I don't know about Java.

I could add an "About Play
Game Online" link that tells how the system works.

That would be good.

---
James Paige

Java can, as long as the user clicks Allow application to run (Just like the PGO technology).

Also, I have added that link James :) You can check it out under the PGO button on all game pages.