Re: [pygame] Rocket + Bike = Physics

Ian Mallett wrote:
F = MA says that we'll accelerate at approximately 0.77 G (darn was hoping for something more) But: After 253 seconds, we'll be traveling at about 1.9 kilometers/second = 5.6 mach, or fast enough to cross the continental US in about 35 minutes. ...
I don't have time to check the math, but I don't see how 0.77G can be correct. The Atlas V must yield sufficient force to give an acceleration greater than 1G, otherwise it would not be a very effective rocket for the usual vertical operating mode.

Ken