Re: [pygame] screen.fill() not working

pygame.display.flip() is used by lazy people like me who don't want to
worry about updating only dirty rectangles.

Here's an article that explains Dirty Rectangle updating in detail, as
well as reasons to why would one use it:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/6547/dirtyrectangles.html

Also, take the opportunity to read the documentation on those two functions. =)

-Thiago