Re: [pygame] unit and doc testing questions

> 2) Do you have two seperate unittests ? (A) One is ran every time source
> files are compiled, and a second, (B) slower one is ran at a longer interval
> for slow tests ?

Such separation is rarely necessary.

Something I started on, requires rendering. It's not a huge delay, but I don't want it happening every time I hit f5, while the other tests are fast that they can every time.

I'm not totally sure how I'm going to handle this. For now I'm manually running the slow one, but.

"Compiling" is a very nebulous, automatic and invisible step in Python.
I run the tests whenever I want to get some feedback on my code, and
also before committing my changes to the source control system (you have
one, right?)

So for yours, you manually hit a button / click shortcut / whatever to run tests? None are automatic? ( Or maybe you do on central code check-in computer. Where it runs fast ones right then, and the slow tests on an interval. )

I say 'compiling', because I found a method in the python cookbook that says "you want to ensure your modules tests are run each time your module is compiled."

It pretty much does "if module is imported, but not main script, and needs recompile(because was changed): then run tests"
--
Jake