[pygame] Events and X

Hi guys!

I was writing a quick test that use pygame.key.get_pressed, but had
had no window and the keys won't get updated.
After browsing the source code for the various event implementations
under src/video and looking at the X11 code I realized that the code
checks for a focused window before even processing events.

Is it impossible to get the X11 input events without a window with
the current implementation? Is it possible to get X11 input events
without a window in the current X implementation at all?
The svga implementation is using ioctl, but I don't really want to
venture down that road and reimplement keyboard completely.

/Peter