Re: [pygame] fast sqrt? and profiling

Daniel Jo wrote:

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Jake b <ninmonkeys@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ninmonkeys@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Is there a py module that has a vector in c code? I would have
    thought that would be pretty common.

    Or is there not demand because you don't really need it using a
    physics lib?

-- Jake

You can easily make your own using Pyrex or Cython. I just did this now and it's even faster than using complex numbers for the test-case I tried.
- Daniel
Pyrex/Cython are good. A Pyrex module, pyportmidi, has just been added to Pygame. When Pyrex finally reaches version 1.0 and officially becomes a stable language it should take off in popularity.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>