Re: [pygame] Pathfinding

evil monkey wrote:

> I used this AStar in some of my games, and it works very well:
> http://www.pygame.org/projects/9/195/

I wrote an A* implementation awhile back for civil that might make another
good example. Mine is a little different from the others I've seen as it
can handle a few different map shapes including hex based maps.

I've since packaged it separately and you can find it here:

http://zhar.net/projects/gameai/

There are a few other python implementations of A* that I know of as well.
They are also linked to from that page.

A great site to read about path finding in general is Amit Patel's
perennial site on the matter:

http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/gameprog.html

--

John Eikenberry