Re: [pygame] File Hosting

Very true... but don't you have to have the (Git, Mercurial, Bazarr, etc.) program to download from one of those?

--- On Sat, 1/2/10, ssteinerX@xxxxxxxxx <ssteinerx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: ssteinerX@xxxxxxxxx <ssteinerx@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pygame] File Hosting
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 11:08 AM

On Jan 2, 2010, at 11:51 AM, Bryce Schroeder wrote:

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Yanom Mobis <yanom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know about SourceForge, but don't they make you use that SVN thing? I just distribute my games as source code in .zip files.

What's wrong with SVN or CVS anyway? They don't take long to learn how to use on a basic level, and using them is a worthwhile skill.

If you're going to take the time to use version control, Mercurial, Git, or even Bazaar is a better choice these days.  SVN is a much better choice than CVS if you're going to learn one of the "old style" central repository VCSes.

BitBucket.org (Mercurial), Github.com (Git), or Launchpad (Bazaar) are all free and have issue tracking etc. all for free.