Re: [pygame] File Hosting

You bet SF is bloated with ads :) Most of the ads are for Microsoft products, which struck me as a little ironic.

--- On Sat, 1/2/10, Nirav Patel <olpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Nirav Patel <olpc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [pygame] File Hosting
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 11:54 AM

Ah, never mind, I missed the first part of the thread.  I see your concern is making .zip files easily available.  Gitorious and Github, and probably the others, though I haven't used them, have web based interfaces to download individual files or the whole repo over http.  This is somewhat less clean than Sourceforge's list of downloadable files though.

If you are looking for a host with an easy web interface for users to download zips, I think http://code.google.com/projecthosting/ is much better than Sourceforge, which is now bloated with ads.

Nirav