Re: [pygame] Pygame and Enthought

James,

For academics and students, EPD is free. Moreover, it packages everything you'll probably need into one install. this is especially important to students who have little or no experience with computers.

The prebuilt binaries for the Mac don't work as they look for the python2.6 that comes with the mac. I'm not using that version, so the binaries don't install.

I might give this a try:

http://pygame.org/wiki/MacCompile

If I can build up the nerve to:

sudo rm /usr/local/lib/libpng.dylib
sudo rm /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib

I find these instructions a bit scary.

I think I can easy_install pyobjc. What about numeric? I have numpy installed. Is numeric really necessary?

David.