Re: [pygame] Pygame community platform?

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Alex Nordlund <deep.alexander@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Evan Kroske <e.kroske@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree with him that an existing package manager should be used to manage dependencies and packaging.

But which one? there's tons of them and most suck in their own way.

---
//Alex

Your platform should use whichever is the most widely used by your intended audience. If you want your platform to appeal to beginning and non-geek Linux users, use apt-get to be compatible with Ubuntu; if your platform should be available to the most computer users (and you can find enough compatible pygame games), find the most popular Windows package manager (assuming there is one). Obviously, the first step is to identify your audience.

--
Evan Kroske
http://welcome2obscurity.blogspot.com/