Re: [pygame] Is PyGame dying?

Personally I think PyGame is a wonderful API for building any sort of complex animation that is secondary to pure 3D.

For example, building beautiful animated menus, or sub-games, or simply handling I/O, it fits like a glove.

Olof Bjarnason wrote:
Sorry for the attention-starving subject - but I think this is an
important question to ask from time to time..

Judging by the low frequency of discussions on this list, I find at
least one of the following statements trueish:

1) pygame is dying (no active development)
2) this list is the wrong forum to ask questions

If (1) is true - what is instead gaining traction for 2d-games
development in Python..? What are people using to develop small games
in Python? PyGame by far is the best achievement I've seen, with
support for PyOpenGL and all.
If (2) is true - where are the discussions going on?