[pygame] Re: Data transferring from main python program to GLSL shader not happens in my case

Hi Ian.

> Your problem is that the shader is not bound (use something like
> glUseProgram(blah)) when you try to get the variable.
In all codes the command glUseProgram(program) was used. Without this
command the python interpreter break the script running at command
gl.glUniform3f
Just thinking can it be the problem in my HW radeon 5550 catalyst
driver, ubuntu 10.10? Unfortunately i have no other HW to check (eee
pc 901 doesn't support OGL2.0)

> In your second code, -1 means that the variable does not exist in the shader
> (i.e., the compiler optimized it out, because it's not used).  Notice that
> the variable "colorr" is declared in two different scopes, which is why the
> compiler optimized out the uniform (because the local variable masks it).
Will keep this information in my mind, thank you for detailed
explanation.

> When setting colors, it's a good idea to specify the alpha component too.
I know this, actually my main target is to transfer texture, so i
decide to minimize my efforts until i get understanding the basics.

***
By the way i saw many of you works Ian. The GPU particle system (from
glLib) has amazed me so much as well as the glLib itself, but code is
still complicated for me due to my small experience in programming.
Thanks for support!