Re: [pygame] Re: Data transferring from main python program to GLSL shader not happens in my case

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 1:25 PM, amdlintuxo <amdlintuxos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ian.

> Your problem is that the shader is not bound (use something like
> glUseProgram(blah)) when you try to get the variable.
In all codes the command glUseProgram(program) was used.
No, it wasn't.  In your first code (http://bpaste.net/show/13357/), line 116, you call glGetUniformLocation, but glUseProgram was not called at that time.  I see that you're calling it in your main loop, which is good, but the reason why you're not getting a correct binding to the shader's variable is that the shader was not bound at the time you tried to get it.  So, try adding a glUseProgram(program) between lines 115 and 116.
By the way i saw many of you works Ian. The GPU particle system (from
glLib) has amazed me so much as well as the glLib itself, but code is
still complicated for me due to my small experience in programming.
Thanks for support!
Thanks :-)

Ian