Re: [pygame] New way for drawing an arc

The presented code definitely has room for a lot of optimization.

My solution for drawing arcs was to either render it with two circles to a surface, and then crop/cut it out, or to just use OpenGL.  The idea would be to use many small subdivisions just as with the polygon drawing method for PyGame.

I suppose the absolute fastest thing to do (short of just doing it in your favorite paint program and just drawing it as an image) would be to write a fragment program and run it on the GPU.  'Course, that's overkill . . . right?

Ian