Re: [pygame] p4a animation lag

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Sean Wolfe <ether.joe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Good info, I'll move the clock tick to the main loop and see what that
> gets me. Thanks for the tip.

Hey guys, just wanted to check in with my p4a work. So after a few
weeks mucking about with Java I went back to my phone and ran a 'top'
while running my game. Turns out I had some HTC Sync software also
running that was really sucking up cpu time. I killed that, then
watched the output while running the animation.

pygame.renpy.org:python was between 60-80% cpu, and the animation was
running much faster.

So, I have new hope for doing this in python! I mean, this is a
two-year-old HTC Sprint Hero I'm running on, so by the time I actually
am looking to beta a game... the technology will be that much better.

Good cause the coding overhead trying to do this in Java makes it a
whole lot of not fun ...

Onwards!