Re: [pygame] a little help

pygame.display.update() affects only a part of the screen, whereas pygame.display.flip() updates the whole screen. Therefore, using update() can increase the perfs of your game.

However, if you update many parts of the screen at the same time (for instance when you use scrolling, or when you load a full map) it becomes totally useless. It only makes the screen shine during each update, and it is pretty annoying to see.

So you have to think about the accurate moment to use update(). I would suggest calling this function when you update a single surface.

Rastagong