Re: [pygame] Compiling pygame on Ubuntu 11.10 oneiric JPGE not found

On 29/01/12 02:58 AM, Christopher Arndt wrote:
On 28.01.2012 21:52, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
config_unix.py checks what libraries are present to determine which
Pygame modules are built. Otherwise, yes, the linker can find the
libraries. The ldconfig program lists the shared libraries recognized by
the run-time linker. So that could replace directory searches.
Here's some code to read the output of ldconfig. I have no idea though
how portable that is.

Chris
That is the general idea. We would only need the library names, though. As discussed, let ld resolve the import library paths.

Lenard Lindstrom