Re: [pygame] pyinstaller + pygame on OSX Mountain Lion

On Jan 28, 2013, at 1:31 PM, Bartosz Debski <bartosz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I'm trying to compile my code on OSX Mountain Lion and not getting far with it.
>
> I got pygame running no problem and code executes without any issues but when it comes to compilation pyinstaller can't find SDL
> eg.
> 893 DEBUG: Analyzing /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/mixer_music.so
> 7897 ERROR: Can not find path ./SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL (needed by /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/mixer_music.so)
> 7897 ERROR: Can not find path ./SDL_mixer.framework/Versions/A/SDL_mixer (needed by /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/mixer_music.so)
> 7897 DEBUG: Skipping libSystem.B.dylib dependency of mixer_music.so
>

> Anyone had that problem before ? I can't find anything useful on google.

I have not used pyiinstaller, but you might try:
- try py2app; that finds SDL for me
- put a set of links to SDL at the location pyinstaller is looking for it (a dirty hack; better to report the problem as a bug and try to fix the relevant recipe)

-- Russell