RE: [pygame] new pyDDR (0.5.4)

cool! I'm downloading it now..
pyDDr is the only DDR-clone I can finish :P

-----Original Message-----
From: theGREENzebra [mailto:tgz@orotech.net]
Sent: 04 July 2002 13:08
To: pygame-users@seul.org
Subject: [pygame] new pyDDR (0.5.4)

As if the rest of the world isn't hearing about this, I'm spamming
pygame-users with the update. However, I'll keep this quick and painless:

grab it here: http://clickass.org/~tgz/pyddr/
get the new screenies from: http://clickass.org/~tgz/pyddr/screenshots.html

and the clip of the changelog:

pyDDR 0.5.4 - Sing, Sing, Sing, with a DDR thing
+ LYRICS SUPPORT
   + Oy, the lyrics option has always been there but no code to display em.
   + pyDDR comes with a lyrics tagger (lyricstag.py) that processes a text
     file while playing an mp3 and writes out lyric data for step files
   + lyrics fade out based on how long they are
   + second line of text available for alternate languages
   + now that STEP files are a little more happy, format is in stepfile.txt
   + if you don't like lyrics, set 'showlyrics' to 0 in configfile
+ SONG BANNER SUPPORT
   + looks for stepfilename.png for banner
   + displays banner at bottom of screen - "SONG SELECT" now more
transparent
   + crossfades smoothly between song banners when picking
+ much faster step file finding time
   + displays banner on startup when getting song informations
+ prerenders combo text and lyrics for speed boost
   - combo text takes a few seconds to render on startup
   + only needs to render combo text once
+ DWI2STEP improved: actively tries to make offset something little and
   calibrates steps it reads accordingly (works on dwi files I have)
+ new utility included with pyDDR - findbpm.py for tapping out bpm values
+ new configfile option 'showbackground'
   + big framerate improvement when backgrounds are off, good for older PCs
+ new configfile option 'arrowspin'
   + can be decimal and negative or positive, makes step arrows spin, 0 for
off
+ 'none' announcer theme works again (sorry about that)
* fixed a few more sprite priorities

Happy chair- or mat-dancing!

*  tgz@orotech.net  *  http://clickass.org  *  ICQ# 1107012  *  AIM/Yahoo:
theGREENzebra  *  http://mp3.com/thegreenzebra
-----GEEK CODE 3.12-----
GCM/CS/IT/MU d? s: a22 C++++ UL++++ P+ L+++>$ E---- W++ N+ o K- w---$ O- M
V-- PS+ PE Y+ PGP- t++(+++) 5- X R tv(+) b+(-) DI+++ D+ G++ e h++ r+(---) y+

UF*++