Re: [pygame] OpenGL AND Pygmae Sprites on the same display???

Thank you. Your site and comments gave me the push to research further. Now
I'll definately have a go at it. Hopefully I'll be able to leverage as much
of the pygame sprites as possible.

>>Of course, if you wanted to attempt to render every blade of grass and
>>every puff of wind on a summer's day using OpenGL, python might not be
>>the ideal final solution.  But I bet it would get your prototypes done
>>and working long before the C code you'd have to rewrite was working.
>>And at that point, you could recode just the speed critical bits in C.
>>After all, pygame is a wrapper around SDL, PyOpenGL is a wrapper around
>>OpenGL, and python is great at incorporating C extensions (for me,
>>editing a setup.py script sure beats a makefile to compile stuff in C!).

Amen to that one. It's amazing. I got into python because C++ became a too
much of a hastle on the Wintel platforms... About 6 months later and I'm
actually excited about the prospect of using C in the
project. If it weren't for the fact that I still spend too much time in
Windows, I'd probably have gotten ahead of myself and written some atrocious
"drivers".  :)

The language definately made me love coding again. It's also made cross
platform something more of a
reality than hobby. Ok. I've started to sound fluffy. Time to stop. We all
love python.