[pygame] sound stuff for ludumdare

hello,

I'm trying to change the volume of left/right speaker.
 Is this possible?  I read something about stereo
panning on the website, but can't find it in the docs.

Also I want to use .oggs for sound(to save space).
but only one can be played at a time with mixer, and
Sound can't load them.  Is there a way to convert to
Sound?

For the first problem, I thought of a nasty hack.
Convert the sound to an array.  Make two copies of the
array(one for left/right).  make them both
multidimensional, and zero the left or right part.
This would waste quite a bit of memory though.  Note:
my recordings are mono.

For the second one, I was going to bundle og123 with
the program, and convert all the oggs to .wav's on the
first run.

Thanks for any help :)