[pygame] Re: Pygame success on Mac OS X 10.2 plus movie.set_display() question

I have successfully installed (a sub-set) of Pygame (along with libsdl and libsmpeg/smpeg) on my machine running Mac OS X 10.2 and Python 2.3a2 (I gave up on Python 2.2.2 due to distutils issues, that are solved in 2.2.3 and 2.3).

I had to do a bit of fiddling to get things to work, though. [It's late so I'm going to skip listing them here...]
very cool. you will likely get better mileage from the SMPEG that is being maintained on icculus. no real changes, but they are making minor fixes and keeping the build system alive on a few platforms (unsure of the osx status) http://icculus.org/smpeg/

If I supply a position as a rect with origin (0,0) I can also successfully get the video to scale.

But if I supply a position other than (0,0) the video does not display (whether or not it is scaled), although the audio still plays okay.
we'll be glad to see any screenshots of your wxpython/pygame/smpeg machine in action. i wouldn't rule out a problem with pygame, but it isn't doing much on top of smpeg.