[pygame] Rookie - playable map

Hi all!

I'm quite green in Python/Pygame, but after stepping thorugh the tutorials and some playing with existing examples I think I should start up something. Since I'm a strategygamer I thought to give it a try. So.. my first (ah, but not last) question:

To create a simple "Risk" like map to send my hordes of armies around on, what would you advice to be the best? Is there somekind of "clickable" graphic-file to use or should I simply draw my rects in pygame and label them with ID's at gamestart?

Best regards

Stefan
http://www.linuxmail.org/