Re: [pygame] Rookie - playable map

> To create a simple "Risk" like map to send my hordes of armies around
> on, what would you advice to be the best? Is there somekind of
> "clickable" graphic-file to use or should I simply draw my rects in
> pygame and label them with ID's at gamestart?

I would definetly recommend using some kind of external data format.  It
will be much more flexible when you (or somebody else) wants to change
your map.

There are many ways to do this, such as a single graphic accompanied by
a text file defining the boundaries of each country, or one graphic for
each country with an offset in a text file, etc. etc.

-sjbrown

| Shandy Brown                               Digital Thinkery |
| shandy@geeky.net             http://www.digitalthinkery.com |