[pygame] Installation problems

Hi
I have compiled pygame (1.6) and it's dependencies against uclibc
(www.uclibc.org). Everything compiled fine and there were no problems. I
installed pygame (python setup.py install), and that was also ok. The goal
with this is to get Freevo (www.freevo.org) up and running, it depends on
pygame.

When I try to install Freevo it says it can't find pygame (even though i
just installed it). If I run the pygame test program (/test/base_test.py)
that comes with the .gz tarball is says:

/home/default/pygame-1.6/test# python base_test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "base_test.py", line 2, in ?
    import unittest, pygame
  File /__init__.py", line 64, in ?
    from pygame.base import *
ImportError: File not found

(I really don't know if it is allowed to run the test file like this??)

If I check in /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pygame/ the file
__init__.py really is there. But it seems that it's not found by python.
I don't know if this problem comes from the uclibc enviroment or if it is
some python/pygame misconfiguration.

If anyone has an idea what could be wrong i would be glad.

best regards, Fredrik Tuomas