Re: [pygame] Installation problems

Fredrik Tuomas wrote:
I have compiled pygame (1.6) and it's dependencies against uclibc
(www.uclibc.org). Everything compiled fine and there were no problems.

    from pygame.base import *
ImportError: File not found

If I check in /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pygame/ the file
__init__.py really is there. But it seems that it's not found by python.
I don't know if this problem comes from the uclibc enviroment or if it is
some python/pygame misconfiguration.
I have a feeling it is also important for Python to be compiled with uclibc as well as Pygame. Python is finding the __init__.py inside the package. It is not finding the extension modules that come with it. In this case "base.so".

The setup.py script really shouldn't have installed anything unless the base.so module was compiled.

I admit the tests are far from great, but you can run them from the toplevel directory with the run_test.py script. It sounds like you'll get as much testing with 'python -c "import pygame"' for now.