[pygame] Drawing directly or loading images

Hi,

for educational purposes (learning programming with pygame) I want to
write my own version of PONG. I like to have an old style Pong version
as I remember playing in my youth on TV screen.

Can I use the drawing functions to have sprites for the bats and the
ball or should I better use images for this purpose? If I draw the balls
and bats I imagine I could scale those objects to match the screen
resolution.

No code yet exists. I still explore...

--
  Kai Weber