Re: [pygame] Pitcher's Duel Batter Demo needs testers

> My greatest concern is that it is just too tough.  The attempt is to
> simulate the experience of batting in baseball, and hitting a pitch is
> difficult.
>    The simulation is even more difficult, unfortunately, and

Difficult? Have you EVER hit one? :^)
I must have taken 100-200 swings with zero hits.

> I have struggled for months trying ways to make it easier.  I am
> looking for input from other folks on just how difficult it seems to
> them, and any input they might have on how to make it easier.  Thank
> you for any input you can provide.

Random brainstorming ideas:

The bat and ball must have shadows on the ground. You can't judge the
ball depth (z axis) without it.

The batter's swing is too automatic. If I stop my finger on the
trackpad after a certain point he still follows through. I want to try
bunts and slow hits by slowing my finger down and having more actual
control on the bat.

The ball could leave a trail in mid air of all the points it passes
through (very faintly). Ditto the ball's shadow on the ground.

There is the old golf game cliche of a swing meter where you just time
the button press, but that doesn't give a real baseball sensation.

You could have two axis crosshairs that move around the strike zone
freely as you slide around the trackpad, then you click to swing, and
the batter swings through your chosen crosshair target.

I have never played any baseball video games on consoles and the like.
I don't know how they do it.

Alan