[pygame] Re: Please test: ChouXiang

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 02:55:51 -0500, luke wrote:

> very interesting.  I haven't looked to see how "dirty" the code is yet,
> but it's a fun game. though difficulty level 2 is freakin' hard. I only
> had time to try once.
> Just wanted to let ya' know that it runs fine on my computer. specs-
> 1.6 ghz AMD athlon xp-m
> 512 mb ram
> 80 gb 7200(i think) rpm hd
> Windows XP professional service pack 1 python v. 2.4
> pygame v. 1.6
>
> tis a laptop by the way.
>
> -Luke
> p.s.
> the other version (BB) just crashes on launch. so I'd say the python
> version performs better for me.

I'm sure that the code is quite dirty.  In addition to being ported
quickly and being Basic-like in structure, it is the first time I have
used Python (not to mention Pygame).

Weird about the BB version--of 300 or so people who have reported running
it, none has experienced such a crash.  What video hardware is in the
laptop?  Is there any kind of error message when it crashes?  I doubt that
I will revisit the BB version, but it would be good to know what the
problem is.