[pygame] Re: Please test: ChouXiang

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 07:05:35 -0700, Phil Hassey wrote:

> CPU: AMD 1800
> RAM: 512
> OS: Mandrake 10.1
> Python version: 2.3
> Pygame version: 1.6
> FPS: 44
> Highest level: 2
> Highest score: ?
> Glitches/crashes: Sometimes when an enemy was materializing and I shot it,
> it didn't blow up. Sometimes the enemies disappeared.  Level 2 didn't seem
> possible.
> Comments:  Interesting variety in enemies.  I wish my ship would move a
> little faster.
>
> Phil

That enemies are immune to the player's fire while rezzing in is the
desired behavior (they don't block shots, so fire right through them at
other targets). They should not just disappear, however. Level 2 is
possible (follow the advice--run away!), but many people seem to have
problems with it, so I may change it.

As one progresses, various power-ups drop, including a speed one, so the
ship *does* eventually move faster.

Thanks for the feedback!

Oh, and the game currently dumps the highest score attained to hs.dat, a
plain text file in the script's directory.