[pygame] From * import * and Pygame2exe

I'm working on my map data portion of my game engine.  The map is
broken up into a series of files, each describing a "room".  One
technique I've considered to make loading them easier is to import
them as a module using "from", such as "from roomxy import *", with
the roomxy being a dynamic path to module.  Then, each time the player
enters a room, the new room module is imported, overriding the older
imported data.

I know from experience that this method works just fine when using .py
files in the python interpreter, but I'm concerned that if I create a
distribution executable, this will break.

Anyone have experience along these lines?

--
Andrew Ulysses Baker
"failrate"