[pygame] Starting Cog

Hi all,
I'm thinking about reviving an old project
(http://light-princess.sourceforge.net) and want to
evaluate some game-engine options.

Of the PyGame-based options, I see that Cog and RenPy
look promising.  I like the screenshots I've seen of the Cog
interface, so I'm trying to load the demo game.  But I'm
a bit confused about basic install and startup and the
README is extremely unhelpful on this point (seems to
think it's obvious, I guess).

Given that I have both the module file for "Cycon Odyssey"
and the CogEngine package, what do I need to do to run
the one from the other?  Where should the game module
be put relative to the package?

This is on Debian Linux, with the full source download.  In
fact, it looks like pure Python -- is there anything that
needs compiling here?

Or should I be putting this in my site-packages directory?

Feel like I'm missing something simple here.  I'm hoping
someone here has successfully played this game. :-)

Cheers,
Terry