[pygame] Re: Starting Cog

On Saturday 23 July 2005 01:16 am, Terry Hancock wrote:
> Given that I have both the module file for "Cycon Odyssey"
> and the CogEngine package, what do I need to do to run
> the one from the other?  Where should the game module
> be put relative to the package?

Duh, sorry. This became obvious once I got it working.

For the archives:

To run Cog, you just have to run the CogEngine:

# python CogEngine_Application_GtkSDL.py

(this assumes it's in the current directory).

A file browser will launch to allow you to find and load the
game module.

The tricky bit was getting libglade to load on Debian, there
seems to be a packaging bug (?).  I had to add:

/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/libglade.pth

with the contents
"""
gtk-1.2
"""
to get Python to find the libglade module.