Re: [pygame] Animated sprites

If you're using OpenGL it depends. Texture sizes only come in powers of two, so you can potentially save space by packing odd sized frames into a single image of the correct size, or waste a bunch if you pack texture-sized images into an odd size filmstrip. On balance it'll probably save space if done well, provided your frames aren't all sized in powers of 2 to begin with.

Anyway, the point of filmstrips isn't so much to save space, as it is to make the code involved simpler.

-Jasper

Luke Miller wrote:

Does loading an sequence of animation strips from a single file take
up less memory than loading up each frame from its own file. I know
they take less time to load from the HDD, but I don't see how they
could take up less memory...