Re: [pygame] Font transparency in 8bits mode

From: "Rikard Bosnjakovic" <rikard.bosnjakovic@xxxxxxxxx>
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pygame] Font transparency in 8bits mode
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:56:40 +0200

On 7/5/06, XTC's Addict <xtcsaddict@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I only get some black areas where i intented to get some text :(

Fonts are rendered on 24bpp if antialias is set. Else it will render to 8bpp.

Your black font-render is probably an artefact from downsampling 24bpp to 8bpp.

Indeed, whith no antialiasing when rendering my texts, the display is correct, not as smooth of coure, but still readable.
Thanks :)

But if I render the text with a background color and antialias set, the text is correctly rendered.

Maybe i could render my texts with a fixed background color, and then i could tell to pygame that this color is transparent ?