Re: [pygame] New package

On Friday 28 July 2006 18:07, Simon Wittber wrote:
> I've just uploaded a very minimal (5K!) OpenGL sprite rendering
> package to the cheeseshop.
>
> http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/QGL

Great stuff!

> I've basically taken all the extra stuff out of LGT/SiGL, leaving a
> minimal skeleton framework which can render images, text, and do
> blending and transformations in OpenGL. I've also removed the PIL and
> Numeric dependencies.

I was always turnd off all those extra bits in SiGL and could never quite
figure how to just use the sprite stuff.

> import qgl
> qgl.demo("path/to/image", "path/to/font")

I know I'm probably (ok, am ;) being a pain here, but for the really impatient
(ok, me :) it'd be cool if you had a "demo" directory that had the demo
script in it with an image and a font.

    Richard