Re: [pygame] BUG: pygame.event.peek

On 7/30/06, Tim Ansell <mithro@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Peeking can be quite be useful in many cases. I would sorely miss it if
it was gone.

Tim, I am curious - can you give an example of a case where it's
useful, in that you would have a hard time accomplishing your goals in
that case without it?

since peek is a kind of silly unthread safe function, maybe that
functionality should be removed.

Rene, what do you mean about it being unthread safe? are you just
talking about the implementation of it, or something about the idea of
peeking at the event queue? I don't see how peeking the queue could be
inherently less thread-safe than pulling events off