Re: [pygame] Warnings

In this case, there are quite a few warnings caused that way.  I suppose I can use round() in the future, but my program is already compiled and the work required would be annoying.  Is there any other way?

On 7/4/07, Dave LeCompte (really) <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Ian Mallett" <geometrian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> After I compile my program with py2exe, and run it, there are warnings;
> like
> "DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float".  These are
> just
> warnings, but upon exiting my program a window pops up saying to see the
> log
> file.  The log file lists the warnings.  Sometimes the window crashes the
> game before it has a chance to exit.  In short, I would like to get rid of
> the window, as no one needs to see it.  ]

I have found that it is usually not difficult to find the causes of the
warnings and cast the float arguments to ints - correcting the problem,
rather than masking the symptoms.

This is probably an especially good idea if I read the implication of the
warnings correctly - it is currently deprecated to pass a float in to this
function, but in the future, it won't be a warning, it'll be an error. If
so, and if you plan to maintain the code you're working on, you'll have to
call the complaining function with integer arguments anyway.

-Dave LeCompte