Re: [pygame] Warnings

OK, thanks. :-)

On 7/5/07, Casey Duncan <casey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jul 5, 2007, at 8:53 AM, Ian Mallett wrote:

> In this case, there are quite a few warnings caused that way.  I
> suppose I can use round() in the future, but my program is already
> compiled and the work required would be annoying.  Is there any
> other way?
>
> On 7/4/07, Dave LeCompte (really) <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: "Ian
> Mallett" <geometrian@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> > Hi,
> > After I compile my program with py2exe, and run it, there are
> warnings;
> > like
> > "DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float".
> These are
> > just
> > warnings, but upon exiting my program a window pops up saying to
> see the
> > log
> > file.  The log file lists the warnings.  Sometimes the window
> crashes the
> > game before it has a chance to exit.  In short, I would like to
> get rid of
> > the window, as no one needs to see it.  ]
>
> I have found that it is usually not difficult to find the causes of
> the
> warnings and cast the float arguments to ints - correcting the
> problem,
> rather than masking the symptoms.
>
> This is probably an especially good idea if I read the implication
> of the
> warnings correctly - it is currently deprecated to pass a float in
> to this
> function, but in the future, it won't be a warning, it'll be an
> error. If
> so, and if you plan to maintain the code you're working on, you'll
> have to
> call the complaining function with integer arguments anyway.

Assuming they use the python warning framework, this should be
helpful to you:

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0230/

In particular the -Wignore command line option.

However I would tend to agree with Dave here that suppressing the
warnings is not the best option. And using round() will not help you,
since round() still returns a float which is what the warnings are
complaining about, you need to use int() to get rid of them.

hth,

-Casey